SUNY Orange announced Aug. 15 that 19 classes are being offered for the upcoming fall term at the Middletown campus for seniors ages 50 and older. The program, known as Encore, is now open for registration. The classes will run from September to November.
Encore classes meet only one to four times over the term. Courses planned for the fall include:
- Mah Jongg
- What is Islam?
- Iroquois in the American Revolution
- Ghosts? What Ghosts? Spirits of the Civil War
- Got Sleep? Stress, Sleep and Relaxation
- Handwriting: The Good, the Bad & the Ugly
- Color Pencil Drawing/Beginning & Continuing
- Stories that Won’t Leave Us Alone
- Book Club/2 Books
- T’ai Chi
- The Amazon: Peru and Ecuador
- Bridge: Intermediate
- Making America Home
- Movies on Trial
- Implications of Philosophy in Quantum Physics
- Bridge for Beginners
- The Mouth Body Connection
Membership in Encore is required to register for courses. Membership costs $45 per year. For more information, call Encore at 845-341-4896, or visit the program’s website at sunyorange.edu/encore.
To contact this reporter, email email@example.com